Q: Can I terminate my participation in the SBP because I have decided to I no longer need the coverage?

A: Not unless you are within the 25th through the 36th month after commencement of your retired pay. You must send a completed DD Form 2656-2 to the Defense Finance and Accounting Service-Cleveland. Your spouse must concur in your request to terminate spouse coverage and the concurrence must be notarized.