Can I transfer my Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits to my same-sex spouse, even if my marriage is not recognized for the purpose of other VA benefits and services?

Yes, if all other eligibility requirements for transfer of Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits are met. For those benefits where eligibility is based on something other than an individual's Veteran status, VA may recognize marriages that have been recognized by the Department of Defense (DOD). VA's legal requirements regarding marriage recognition do not apply to transfers of Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits because an individual's eligibility to transfer this education benefit is based on the individual being a member of the uniformed services with a specific amount of qualifying service.