What if I move to a state that recognizes same-sex marriage while my claim or application is pending?

If you and your spouse lived in a state that did not recognize same-sex marriage when you were married and lived in a state that did not recognized same-sex marriage at the time you filed your claim, but then you moved to a state that does recognize same-sex marriage while your claim was pending, your marriage would be recognized for the purpose of Veterans' benefits based on the law of your new place of residence.