Is there someone that can help me file my claim?

Yes.  You have two options available.  You may seek assistance at your local VA regional office (locate your office by clicking here).

Additionally the veterans community has a strong tradition of assisting fellow service members and their families.  This service is exemplified in the work done by Veteran Service Organizations (VSO) and County Veteran Service Officers (CVSO) throughout the United States.  Many VSOs offer to surviving families’ benefits counseling and assistance with the application process, and often have local chapters located right in the community.

It is strongly recommended that surviving family members consult with the VSO of their choice when applying for VA Survivor Benefits.