VA is currently hiring chiefs of staff in numerous medical centers across the country
Want to make your mark as the head of a medical staff at a VA hospital? We’re currently hiring chiefs of staff in ten locations across the U.S.
Positions are now open in Butler and Erie, Pennsylvania; Chillicothe, Ohio; El Paso, Texas; Indianapolis, Indiana; Manchester, New Hampshire; Poplar Bluff, Missouri; Salisbury, North Carolina; San Juan, Puerto Rico; and Wichita, Kansas.
“We are seeking physician leaders who are committed to boosting the quality of health care for more than 9 million Veterans around the nation,” said Darren Sherrard, associate director of recruitment marketing.
Be ready to lead
As chief of staff, you’ll be an active leader and play a vital role in ensuring that the Veterans we serve can access effective, timely and quality health care.
You’ll manage health care resources, work to improve hospital performance, ensure patient and employee satisfaction, and participate in strategic planning. You’ll also promote standards of clinical competence and conduct for staff. This includes compliance with credentialing and privileging processes, monitoring and evaluation of clinical practice, peer review and other quality assurance.
Other responsibilities include:
- Monitoring and ensuring staff compliance with agency regulations; medical staff by-laws, rules and regulations; VA facility policies, Joint Commission standards and other regulations.
- Ensuring the highest level of performance by medical staff members through delineation of clinical privileges, ongoing performance evaluations, orientation and continuous quality improvement practices.
- Completing performance evaluations of assigned service line managers and clinical service chiefs.
- Ensuring standards of medical care and integration of services across service lines.
- Driving a culture of improvement.
Benefits of a VA career
We offer a highly competitive salary and a suite of excellent benefits. At VA, you’ll enjoy robust medical, dental, life and long-term care insurance, as well as liability protection.
Be ready for life after VA with the generous three-tier federal retirement system, which is composed of Social Security benefits, FERS basic benefits and a plan similar to a 401(k) savings plans.
You’ll earn up to 26 paid days off and 13 sick days each year, as well as 10 paid federal holidays and paid parental leave.
With one valid license, you can practice anywhere in the nation. There are VA locations in all 50 states and some U.S. territories, so it’s easy to relocate and take all your benefits with you.
Work at VA
Consider a career leading other medical professionals while making a major impact on the quality of life of the men and women who have served our country.
- APPLY now for a position as a chief of staff.
- EXPLORE our website at vacareers.va.gov.
- LEARN more about the benefits of working at VA.
- CONTACT a VA recruiter.