How do I get a copy of my loved one’s DD-214 or DD-1300?

The DD-214 and DD-1300 are important service records for your loved one and are often required when applying for VA Survivor Benefits.  Unfortunately, the Department of Veterans Affairs does not maintain copies of these service records.

To obtain a copy of these records, you will need to contact the National Archives at : National Archives